Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Fish & Associates, Inc. has a team of Level I, II and III ASNT NDT technicians who specialize in magnetic particle (MT) and ultrasonic (UT) .
Ultrasonic phased array (PAUT) is the latest generation of UT equipment designed to identify cracking or corrosion inside of fracture critical components, connections, or welds that would not be identifiable by visual observation alone. Our team is currently working with several clients to introduce PAUT in the transportation industry.
Another technology that we provide is ultrasonic impact treatment (UIT), which can extend the life of a serviceable fillet weld by relieving stresses at the critical elastic/plastic zone of the weld toe.
- Certified Bridge Inspectors (CBI)
- Ultrasonic Impact Treatment (UIT) to relieve weld stress and extend connection life.
- Impact echo testing for identification of potential weaknesses in concrete.
- Acoustic emissions monitoring of structures.
- Strain gauging instrumentation and data collection to support evaluation of stress and fatigue and predictive modeling.
- Certified Society of Professional Rope Access Technicians (SPRAT) Level I and II engineers and technicians.